The AFB Training: The Chartered Banker Institute Certificate in Climate Risk is a comprehensive learning programme designed to equip risk professionals with the understanding and skills relating to climate change, climate risk and sustainable finance, and how to support their clients, colleagues and communities in the transition to a sustainable, low-carbon world.
Course participants can expect to benefit from:
- Seven separate learning modules that have been designed exclusively for AFB members
- Delivery via a guided self-study, supported by a wide-range of interactive e-learning units and knowledge checks.
- End of module assessments that will confirm understanding
- On successful completion of the assessment, participants will be entitled to use the designation Cert CRP (Certified Climate Risk Professional).
Course participants will learn about climate change and its impacts on the environment, economy, society and financial services sector, how to identify climate-related financial and non-financial risks, common approaches to modelling climate risks with scenario analysis, and more.
The 2023 course has been updated to:
- Include all the figures with the latest numbers available as of 2022
- Assess of the impact of new Climate research data & publications (IPCC)
- Capture the new regulatory, stress testing, disclosure developments
- Reflect upon the industry development & collaboration (GFANZ)
- Incorporate the latest trends in data & analytics (unstructured & geo data)
- Establish tighter link to Net Zero & ESG initiatives
- Refresh all reference materials
This course, which is delivered in partnership with the Chartered Banker Institute, consists of seven self-study modules that take can be completed at the pace of the learner.