Climate Risk Certificate
Managing climate-related risks and supporting the transition to a low-carbon world are our most significant global challenges. Central banks and financial regulators consider the identification, measurement and disclosure of these risks to be a priority.
The Certificate in Climate Risk aims to develop the learner’s professional knowledge, understanding and skills relating to climate change, climate risk and sustainable finance, with a view to supporting clients, colleagues, and communities with the transition to a sustainable, low-carbon world.
This qualification is aimed at financial services risk professionals globally who wish to develop and demonstrate their knowledge of climate risk.
Updated for 2023, the Certificate in Climate Risk considers both the physical and transition risks from climate risk and considers how these can be assessed and modelled and how they can be built into the risk management framework that will be required to satisfy on-going regulatory changes. Whilst no prior knowledge of climate risk is required, an understanding of risk management principles is necessary.
The format of the course is:
- A guided self-study supported by a wide range of interactive e-learning units and knowledge checks;
- A seven-module course which requires an estimated 130 hours of study time;
- The course is assessed via a 90 min. multiple choice examination, conducted via remote invigilation;
- To study the Certificate, learners must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £30.00 is included as part of the enrolment fees;
- Upon completion, learners will be entitled to use the designation Cert CRP (Certified Climate Risk Professional).
For further information and to book your place please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Fees: £655 plus VAT. inclusive of the £30 first year membership subscription to The Chartered Banker Institute.
View the 2023 Climate Risk Certificate Brochure here.