Green and Sustainable Finance Certificate
Course Fees: Inclusive of the £30 first year membership subscription to The Chartered Banker Institute.
Global surface temperatures are likely to rise under all scenarios by more than 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels by 2040 and by more than 2°C later in the century without dramatic and sustainable reductions in greenhouse gas emissions. This underpins the urgency and importance of aligning finance with the objectives of the Paris Agreement, and sustainability in general.
In order to tackle this collective challenge, every finance professional needs to develop a knowledge and understanding of green and sustainable finance.
Updated for 2023, this global, benchmark qualification will help individuals to develop their knowledge, understanding and ability to apply the key principles and core practice of green and sustainable finance.
The Certificate in Green and Sustainable Finance aims to:
- Develop the learner’s knowledge, understanding and skills relating to green and sustainable finance;
- Provide an overview of, and introduction to, the underpinning science, principles and practice of the field;
- Increase the learner’s knowledge and understanding of the range of green and sustainable products and services in the banking, investment and insurance sectors;
- Increase awareness of the role of the finance sector and finance professionals in supporting the transition to a low-carbon world.
The format of the course is:
- A guided self-study supported by a wide range of interactive e-learning units and knowledge checks;
- A 12-unit programme that can be completed in as little as 12 weeks although registration lasts for 1 year, so you can also work through at your own pace;
- The course is assessed via a 90 minute examination, consisting of 75 multi-choice questions, conducted via remote invigilation;
- To study the Certificate, learners must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £30.00 is included as part of the course fees;
- Upon completion, learners will be entitled to use the designation GSFP (Green and Sustainable Finance Professional).
Course Fees: £655 plus VAT. inclusive of the £30 first year membership subscription to The Chartered Banker Institute.
Exam resits £145 +VAT.