Green and Sustainable Finance Certificate 2021
Please Note: The date and times shown above are arbitrary and members may take this course in their own time.
Managing climate-related risks and supporting the transition to a low-carbon world are our most significant global challenges. In order to tackle this collective challenge, finance professionals globally need to develop their knowledge of green and sustainable Finance.
This global, benchmark qualification will help individuals to develop their understanding of, and apply, green and sustainable finance principles and practice in their roles and within their institutions.
The Certificate in Green and Sustainable Finance aims to:
- Develop the learner’s knowledge, understanding and skills relating to green and sustainable finance;
- Provide an overview of, and introduction to, the underpinning science, principles and practice of the field;
- Increase the learner’s knowledge and understanding of the range of green and sustainable products and services in the banking, investment and insurance sectors;
- Increase awareness of the role of the finance sector and finance professionals in supporting the transition to a low-carbon world.
Updated in 2020, the Certificate in Green and Sustainable Finance now encompasses broader aspects of sustainability, aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, although the focus remains on “green”.
The format of the course is:
- A guided self-study supported by a wide range of interactive e-learning units and knowledge checks;
- A 12-unit programme that can be completed in as little as 12 weeks although registration lasts for 1 year, so you can also work through at your own pace;
- The course is assessed via a 1 hour examination, conducted via remote invigilation;
- To study the Certificate, learners must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £30.00 is included as part of the course fees;
- Upon completion, learners will be entitled to use the designation GSFP (Green and Sustainable Finance Professional).
For further information and to book your place please contact: email@example.com
Course Fees: £595 plus VAT. inclusive of the £30 first year membership subscription to The Chartered Banker Institute.
Exam resits £145 +VAT.