Term: 12 month fixed term contract with potential for permanent position
Salary: £40,000 – £42,000 p.a. FTE
Location: Flexible and/or homebased (some travel to Central London for events and meetings required – once COVID-19 restrictions allow)
Sector: Financial Services/Membership organisation
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits, excellent annual leave plus end of year break
Application Deadline: Friday 25 June 2021
As the Training Specialist and Flagship Events Coordinator, you will be working with the Director of Practice & Events to: (a) develop and deliver the AFB’s Training Academy courses via third-party providers to the AFB membership; and (b) plan and organise the AFB’s flagship events.
You will need to have:
- Ideally, minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing technical training programmes, planning and organisation of training courses and events – preferably related to banking and financial services
- Experience in best-in-class partner selection
- Experience of negotiating contracts, managing budgets and meeting income targets
- Experience of producing marketing materials
What makes you stand out?
- Organised, detail oriented candidate who takes pride in their work
- Proven background in wholesale/investment banking with a good understanding of regulatory or technical topics for which training courses are or may be required.
- The successful candidate should be a self-starter who can demonstrate our team values of COLABORATION, INTEGRITY and EXCELLENCE
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, diverse, dynamic and growing team where there is significant career path flexibility to increase your skillsets and where you will have the opportunity to work with C-Suite bankers.
The Association of Foreign Banks is the voice of Foreign Banks in the UK and our Mission is BUILDING BANKING BUSINESS. In other words, everything we do is focused on making a real difference for our members in terms of building their business Back@Bank. Our members value our UNDILUTED focus (we serve foreign banks and only foreign banks), our DEMAND-DRIVEN approach (our members lead the agenda) and our excellent VALUE.
To apply please email Fiona McBride, Director of Practice & Events Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and cover letter of not more than two pages outlining your suitability for the role.
Interviews will be conducted virtually from by the Director of Practice & Events and another Director from the team from 5 to 16 July. A second virtual meeting with the CEO will be arranged for the preferred candidate once preliminary interviews have been completed. If you are unable to make these dates for any reason, please indicate this in your application letter.